Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Programme - 3rd Edition
At the end of the program, the Enterostomal Therapy Nurse should demonstrate:
- A differentiated knowledge base through the development of comprehensive assessment skills, and the competent provision, coordination and management of care for Enterostomal patients and their families.
- Clinical decision-making skills, using multiple modes of intervention and a collaborative approach.
- Skills to establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with clients, family and/or significant others.
- Advanced critical thinking and reflection to provide comprehensive patient care based on current literature and best practice.
- Confidence and competency in undertaking the professional, ethical and social responsibilities compliant with to the enterostomal nursing role and develop their ability to facilitate nursing practice that helps to empower people to play an active role in their health care.
- Leadership and teaching skills in the clinical setting, in order to provide coaching and support for other clinicians and an overall contribution to the health care team.
- Capacity to develop monitoring protocols for the user and family.
- Capacity to encourage change and innovation processes, having into account the cultural evolution, science and technology in enterostomal nursing, through research safeguarding ethical principles.
- Capacity to participate in the definition and implementation of health policies.
A predominantly active, interactive and collaborative methodology will be used. Expository and theoretical method along with frequent use of contents discussion will also be used.
The practical contents will be taught in simulation workshops.
Some classes will be taught by international speakers and those will be in English.
- Registration - 105€
- Course -2100€ (may be paid in eight monthly installments of 262,5€)
- Per ECTS - 52,5€
- Discount for ICS (ESEnfIC) graduates - 10%
- Certificate - 80€
- Paulo Alves, RN, PhD
- Isabel Morais, RN, ETN
- Carla Rocha, RN
Universidade Católica Portuguesa – campus Foz
Serviços de Formação Avançada
Rua Diogo Botelho, 1327
firstname.lastname@example.org | +351 226 196 206
monday to friday – 9h45 – 11h45, 14h15 – 16h15, 18h – 20h